Saturday, September 12, 2015

WHO SHOULD PLAY CAPTAIN MARVEL


With buzz recently that Rebecca Ferguson is reportedly at the top of Marvel's list for Captain Marvel, I thought I would post about who I see as the only choice. With a slotted release date in November of 2018, they have some time still to make the right decision, and hopefully they do make the right one. I think the only way to bring the first full-feature Marvel movie about a female lead onto the big screen would have to be someone that brings their own fan base as well. And I'm not sure Rebecca Ferguson will bring that star power, nothing against the actress, I'm sure she's great. But, it has to be someone who can kick a little ass. All we really know about the plot of the movie is "A human woman receives powers from an encounter with the alien Kree Empire" (IMDb.com). So, what else do we know about Captain Marvel? Her real name is Major Carol Danvers, of the USAF (United States Air Force) so we know it will have to be someone who can uphold the prestige of the title of Major. She's a skilled pilot and hand to hand combatant. Her current power-set include enhanced strength, durability, flight (naturally), and she produces energy from her hands. Sounds rad, right!? I'm so excited for this movie and I just can't wait to see it on the big screen.

Okay, okay, are you wondering who is the perfect casting, and in my opinion the only choice for this character - Charlize Theron! And maybe if Marvel could lock her down for this role, we don't have to worry about those rumors of a solo Furiosa movie, which I wouldn't be totally opposed to, I loved that character. But in my head, she's the only one I see as Captain Marvel, hands down. However, I think recently there has been an announcement of Mad Max: Wasteland, which I'm sure she'll reprise her role as the iconic Furiosa. But, I know I'm not the only one that thinks she's perfect for the role. Whomever Marvel Studios picks, I just hope that they make the right choice.

Links

Cinemablend - Captain Marvel Movie What We Know So Far
Heroichollywood - Hot Rumor Captain Marvel
IMDb.com - Captain Marvel
Marvel.com - Captain Marvel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comment here. We look forward to hearing from you!