Monday, April 1, 2013

Movies In Review: Les Misérables


I had seen another version of the same title with Liam Neeson (1998). I have to say though, I really liked the 2012 version with heavy headers Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, and Anne Hathaway The only thing, which I am glad I waited to watch this in the comfort of my home, the movie was really long running 158 minutes. Anne Hathaway's performance was pretty amazing, to bring that much emotion and severity to her character's plight within the story. All of the performances were well worth spending the time and experiencing this phenomenal movie (as long as you don't mind less words than songs). The title definitively says it all, taking humanistic stories and showing how miserable people can be, how circumstances can change, and how the people involved are effected. What I love about this story he most is when Hugh Jackman's character Jean Valjean robs a church, when the officials catch up to him and confront the reverend about his crime, the reverend agrees with Jean's story, giving him the fine things he had stolen. This was the start of Valjean's road to recovery. It just shows you, kindness goes a long way.
Until next time or the next... dream ~ K.E.Nowinsky

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comment here. We look forward to hearing from you!