Sunday, November 24, 2013

Movies In Review: Man of Steel

Entertainment That Delivers


We all know the story of Superman by now. Growing up, having watched the other movies, I wasn't sure how I would perceive this one to be. It seems today that the 'remake' is starting to get old. But, I have to say - this was a very watchable and enjoyable movie. It does contain the main theme, but what I liked about this depiction was Jor-El, Superman's (Kal-El/Clark Kent) father. I really loved the sequence in the beginning of the collapse of Krypton and how it all unfolded.

Michael Shannon
(Boardwalk Empire)
Plays General Zod
The film is packed with great actors including Russell Crowe as Jor-El, Diane Lane as Martha Kent, Kevin Costner as Jonathan Kent, Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Michael Shannon as General Zod, and Henry Cavill as Clark Kent/Superman/Kal-El. I think this helped depict the characters in different ways. I also helped -me- to invest myself in the characters and the plots. The only character I wasn't sure about was Amy Adams. Having watched her in Enchanted and The Muppet's I didn't know if she could be the callous Lois Lane. After my sister assured me she did a fabulous job, we rented the flick and I was pleasantly surprised. Did you know that Heny Cavill was originally the muse for Stephenie Meyers in the Twilight Series as Edward Cullen?

Iconic Superman and Lois Lane

Overall I would recommend this movie, especially if you liked the 1980 Superman II. The 2013 remake still is entertainment that delivers and goes further into the El family, which was fascinating to me. Granted, I'm not an avid Superman fan or comic reader, so as to the validity of the series and the information I cannot contest to. I hope that these actors continue to portray their given characters and continue in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comment here. We look forward to hearing from you!