Sunday, October 19, 2014

MY FALL LINE UP REVIEW

Top Shows to Watch

Originally I wanted to line up a top 10 shows to watch until I had to struggle between Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, The Flash, and Gotham. Then I considered that I actually have not watched them (yet!) - I plan to, I've just been so busy with other things right now. For some reason I have a hard time watching any show (besides The Walking Dead - by far my absolute favorite). The main problem are commercials, I lose interest in watching the shows or I simply just lose interest. Either way, these were the shows that I had both eagerly anticipated and have (tried) to keep up with. Let me know what your favorite shows are by leaving a comment below.

The Walking Dead

After watching and reading many reviews of the season premiere episode titled "No Sanctuary", it's been suggested that this episode is the best The Walking Dead has to offer. Written by Scott Gimple and directed by the Walker Creator Extraordinaire, Greg Nicotero. The season was brought in with an explosive start to a promising season! I can tell you that I've watched the premiere a number of times and it doesn't get old. I'm not the only one either, this premiere was a record breaker with over 17k tuning in, I can safely say that I'm not the only Waking Dead fan. Not only was the show amazing, I have to say that the commercials were bearable. AMC and The Walking Dead did something amazing, they incorporated commercials about the show and even had a very touching "Thank You" to the fans commercial. Not only that, the show was so well written and action packed that you didn't want to miss a second, let alone blink! I'm definitely looking forward to tonight's episode "Strangers" and the rest of the season. The only bad part of this show is the down time. Maybe this is why there has been buzz about an off-shoot series? What are your thoughts?

Links


Once Upon A Time

At first I thought that introducing the Frozen theme into the series, they were desperate to cling to the fandom from the Disney Animation hit movie. I watched the premiere episode with some trepidation and was gladly proven wrong. So far, they've been doing a wonderful job incorporating the complex characters of Storybrook along with the Arendelle universe. The graphics aren't too cheesy and match the movie pretty well. I've also enjoyed some of the new twists along the way, I just hope the writers stay up to par and this season doesn't fizzle out. The mystery of Anna's presence is getting a little worn, if they don't reveal more of where she is tonight I fear that this will be a season of disappointment. However, so far it's going pretty well and I think most Oncers are pretty satisfied with how the season is going so far.

Links


Selfie

I wasn't too sure about this show until I read an article that compared the premise and comparisons with My Fair Lady! So, I had to watch to check it out. After watching the first episode I thought it was both charming and potentially addictive. There is a great message within the series as well. With society so socially connected through apps and our noses are stuck to our smart phones, we get side tracked. Much as the main protagonist Eliza has built her life around social media. Her coworker Henry tries to help her disconnect from her phone and attempts to teach her normal, acceptable social behaviors. However, it's not a one sided relationship. They might learn something from each other along the way.

Links


The Big Bang Theory

With increased bank for the popular actors, you would expect more for your bang. And Big Bang offered as justification an hour slot of watch-ability. However, I was disappointed that they decided to air the new episodes and then follow it with an old episode. It doesn't make me want to stay around after the first episode. I think the network is hurting their chances of view-ability for shows that have to follow the popular series. Not that the new episodes haven't been fun, they're still that perfect combination of Big Bang love-ability. I just thought that they might challenge themselves and go outside of their comfort zone to bring us that full hour of delight. Maybe they would have to pay the bloated paychecks for the increased time, which is a shame and frankly I shake my head at their antics. They make damn good money before the 'negotiations' now they make an insane amount, so why shouldn't they perform to meet their paychecks - yes?

Links


Bones

If you've watched the show before and are invested with the characters, grab the tissues! The first two episodes of their 10th season definitely are tear-jerkers. The last season left us reeling to see what was going to happen and the premiere definitely gets us there. However, it seems that after the second episode it's "back to business" in the Bones way. There is a new character this season that might just shake up the cobwebs, he seems a little different and I'm interested to see where it goes. Plus, after such strain on their relationship, will Bones and Booth manage to maintain what we've grown to love so much about them both? No doubt about it, for their 10th season they still have us intrigued.

Links


Scorpion

Another great new show to add to your weekly scheduled viewing pleasure. Scorpion takes a misfit group of geniuses, adds in a dash or two of heart, and adds increased heat from the FBI, you have quite the interesting combination! I really like this show because it takes these geniuses that have banned together, however they lack a little common sense, so their leader enlists the help of a waitress. I like the developing interest between the two characters. What drew him to her was her genius son, they can relate to him the way that she can't. Then enters the FBI, who the leader has a shady past with. With such great talent involved with this series, I really hope it continues.

Links


Girl Meets World

Girl Meets World is a show that the entire family can watch and enjoy. Most parents grew up watching (or at least knew about Boy Meets World). Now that Cory and Topanga are married and have children of their own, we follow their daughter Riley as she goes through the challenges and hiccups of adolescence, much as we did with her parents. The show has great messages and brings back characters that are cherished within the famed Boy Meets World fan base. I have enjoyed watching it and love both the old and new characters, most of all the delivery of heart warming morals and those messages that are so desperately needed in today's society and implemented within our younger generations.

Links


Supernatural

Season 10 of Supernatural brings back our favorite Winchester Brothers, Sam and Dean. Lets be honest, as much as we all love the characters and the sustainability of the amazing writing that keeps the super in Supernatural (where other shows fizzle out) - we all tune in for the eye candy *wink wink*. The show still has the perfect chemistry of the troubled brother and the other one risking it all to save them. The Winchester brothers have been through so much crap, we've learned nor heaven or hell can tear them apart. 

Links


American Horror Story: Freak Show

As a person on the verge of Coulrophobia this is a tough show for me to get through at times. In true American Horror Story fashion they bring the scary! Just the opening credits alone gives me the creeps, let alone a psycho clown. What I love the most about AHS is the unique way they keep incorporating the same actors. However, what I don't like about this season is the perversion from their original season. Last season I lost interest after (to me) they took it too far sexually, this season is threatening the same. However, it's true to their form, they keep pushing the boundaries to bring us the truly terrifying.

Links




HOT Games to Follow

Alien: Isolation

Holy Alien Isolation!! This is the prefect time of year to watch some scary and thrilling game play. There are a couple YouTuber's that I have been following this series with (theRadBrad, Pewdiepie, Markiplier). The graphics are well done and if I had a PS4 I would definitely (try) to play this game. Just watching though is intense enough, I can't imagine the compilation of sounds and trying to keep it together enough to survive. But, let's face it - you're going to die! You not only have the threat of the Alien hunting you, there are also synthetics that you have to contend with at times. Just don't let your guard down and it seems that the stealthier you are, the better chance that you have to escape getting your scull bashed in by the Alien. Definitely, check it out!! Check out bonus material and missions Alien: Isolation Official Site.

Top YouTuber's to Watch Series:

Full Game Walkthrough


theRadBrad

(insert video)


Evil Within

Want plenty of scary, packed full of bloody gore? Then look no further The Evil Within delivers! I thought the game battled zombies (I was wrong) apparently you battle people that are being tortured psychologically and brutally though a mysterious being (that you meet right away). It has been hailed as what fans of the Resident Evil games have been expecting from a next gen game. Check out the details by visiting The Evil Within Official Site. Perfect time of year to get your scares on! Check out these YouTuber's plays (theRadBrad, Pewdiepie, and Toby Games. Who are your favorite YouTuber's?

Top YouTuber's to Watch Series:

Full Game Walkthrough


theRadBrad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comment here. We look forward to hearing from you!