Thursday, March 7, 2013

Vikings!

History Channel - Vikings
March 7th, 2013

This series aired after "The Bible" episode that I had watched.  I had not intended to watch this, but I am glad that I did. Not realizing I was a fan of this image, I realized some of my favorite movies depicted vikings.  How To Train Your Dragon (2010) and Pathfinder (2007).  The episode I watched followed Ragnar (Travis Fimmel) and Lagertha (Katheryn Winnick) and their young son who is coming of age.

The premise, I believe, is the war campaign that the Vikings begin in the Dark Ages.  As the show has Gabriel Byrne portraying the head of their clan and against traveling west. Ragnar is determined and is interpreting his visions as confirmation that he is to go west to find their treasure. At the time however, the knowledge of how to travel so far within their vessels was still undetermined. That is until Ragnar visits his friend Loki who helps him to build a massive sail that will help the Viking ship move much faster.

This is a show that I may continue to watch. I like the strong female character Lagertha. And the different mentality within their way of life is interesting to watch as well. We'll watch and see!


Until next time or the next... dream
K.E.Nowinsky

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comment here. We look forward to hearing from you!