Thursday, April 3, 2014

A to Z Challenge - C

Top 10 "C" Movies


As a young child, tragedy strikes the young Cro-Magnon character Ayla (Daryl Hannah). On her own she is taken by by passing Neanderthals. She struggles to be submissive to their ways and laws. She has her own path and her own destiny to follow to be true to herself. This is based off of the Earth's Children book series written by Jean M. Auel.


Before Pirates of the Caribbean (2003) set sail into movie theaters, there was a movie about pirates with plenty of  action ye'mateys. I loved this movie as a young woman because Gena Davis portrayed a strong female lead, against all odds, who could swash buckle her way through the toughest of situations.

Cocoon (1985)

I remember when I was younger I didn't want to watch a movie about a bunch of old people. This movie has so much more. It deals with the sensitivities of aging as well as extraterrestrials. For it's time, the effects were unbelievable, and if you didn't believe in life other than life on earth, then you wanted to believe after you watched it.


This is a compelling story about a small town girl from Ireland, breaking out and attending the University. She experiences her first love and heartbreak. Within her circle of friends, relationships are tried and tested. This is a great romantic comedy that I can watch again and again.

Cast Away (2000)

Tom Hanks portrays Ramon, a FedEx employee that goes down with a parcel plane. The movie tackles the life lost, his struggles to survive, and how this affects the rest of his life. I'm just a sucker for island movies, so this is compelling to me. Plus, the famous Mr. Wilson!

Caddyshack (1980)

Caddyshack has some of the most iconic comedic geniuses, including Rodney Dangerfield, Chevy Chase, Bill Murray, and the classic Ted Knight. I always thought this was just a comedy, but it's so much more. It's my boyfriends favorite movie and one of my own as well. I laugh every time watching this movie - especially watching the groundhog dance!!


I might get some flack about putting this in a top 10 listing, but I love this movie for multiple reasons. First, I love the trio of Drew Barrymore, Lucy Liu, and Cameron Diaz. Second, there are some kick-ass action scenes; I love a well choreographed fight scene! And my number one reason for loving this movie is how the writers wrote in these three unlikely women, some dorky, quirky, and backward - dust them off and they can become well trained, can-of-woopass ninjas.


This was a gem that I happened upon, I believe through a premium cable channel. I instantly fell in love with this movie! It begins as a young man is just getting started in life, he has the love of his woman to whom he will marry, and a promising career aboard a respected ship. He has a close friend, who decides that he want what his friend has and sets actions in motion that will change their lives forever. I love-love-LOVE this movie!

Cold Mountain (2003)

Cold Mountain is about the perils of the Civil War. It showcases the dark side of the human condition while also showing the perseverance of the spirit. This movie is an uphill battle for love, you are routing for it and are satisfied... then the end hits you like a ton of bricks. This is another movie I could watch again and again.  

Yes, I love superhero's - what can I say? Recently I took one of those quizzes, this one would tell you which of the Avengers were you most like. I got Captain America, it just so happens Cap is one of my favorites. Could be because Chris Evans, who portrays the legendary soldier, is hot. But, I like to think it's because this movie was awesome from the beginning even until after the credits and we get those little tid'bits of happiness.

Kids Section


Cats & Dogs (2001)

Chicken Run (2000)







Cars (2006)
 
Cinderella (1950)

(all images captured via Google search)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comment here. We look forward to hearing from you!