Friday, April 4, 2014

A to Z Challenge - D

Top 10 "D" movies


This was recently introduced into my movie vault; I loved it. My favorite line "Get out of my psychosis!" This is about four psych patients that, due to circumstances beyond the psychologists control, are loose in the city. It's a roaring comedy romp that I enjoy every time I watch it.


The Day After Tomorrow was one of the first movies that increased my anxiety level about climate control and the ultimate effects that could endanger us all (I've known about it, but the movie drove it home). I love this movie, it's action packed and will have you on the edge of your seat.


The all-star cast pulls you in from the very beginning as you watch two close friends and their relationship take a turn toward the dark side when each of them go after the same thing. It's a dark comedy that I laugh at each time I watch it.

Dogma (1999)

Growing up I have questioned Catholicism and this movie asked some of the same questions I did. I love this movie because it takes facts from the Bible along with some fictitious events that could be believable. It's enjoyable to watch and laugh along with. I'm a fan of Jay and Silent Bob, so this was just up my alley.


I can't remember how this British comedy was introduced, and frankly it doesn't matter. What matters is that it's a hilarious comedy that I laughed so hard that I cried. Every family has drama, but the antics and craziness that ensues will leave you in stitches.


This movie will make you go through so many emotions. Tyler Perry is the genius behind the Medea character and stories. I have enjoyed the one's that I've seen, with Diary of a Mad Black Woman being my introduction to Medea and the lives she interacts with. I love this story of redemption and perseverance.

Dirty Dancing (1987)

When I was in Middle School, this movie was what every girl was watching and obsessed with. I love the story of Baby and her coming of age, helping when she didn't have to, and getting the guy too! Once of my favorite lines, of course "No body puts Baby in the corner" the girl inside always wants that guy that will stand up for you.


There are many different movies that portray the and depict the writings of Anne Frank, this one is my favorite. I remember watching this when I was in grade school and being so transformed because of it. We forget how fortunate we are, I was around the same age as she was when she was going through the war. It has stayed with me, and I have watched different renditions and this is still my favorite.


Kevin Costner both starred and directed Dances with Wolves and was the winner of seven Academy Awards. Being of Native American descent, I couldn't really recall any movies depicting the ancestry before this movie. When Costner's character lives in isolation during the Civil War, he befriends a wolf, and Native Americans.

Die Hard (1988)

So, I think I might be addicted to on-line quizzes - last week I took one that asked 'which 80's hero are you' and my answer was John McClane - loved it. This is an intense, action packed thriller that has Professor Snape as the bad guy before Harry Potter! I love Alan Rickman and h does a superb job as the villain.


Kids Section


Dinosaur (2000)




Dolphin Tale (2011)


Despicable Me (2010)


Dumbo (1941)


(images captured via Google search)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comment here. We look forward to hearing from you!