Wednesday, April 2, 2014

April A to Z Challenge - B

Top 10 "B" Movies

Picking a Top 10 is difficult, then you take into consideration all the movies you've watched and cherished over the years; it proves to be a very difficult task. It's been harder than I thought. I'm sure everyone has their own top picks. After reading lists of movies, these are my picks.
What do you think?

Adult Section


This timeless classic depicts the average American high school. "The Jock", "The Popular Girl", "The Geek", etc. Put them in a room together and watch what happens. While this was made in the 80's, I think that it still resonates to this day.

Benny & Joon (1993)

This is a fun romantic comedy. One of my favorite actors, Johnny Depp, gives life to the unique character "Sam" who enters the life of brother and sister duo. Aiden Quinn play's "Benny", a brother struggling to take care of his mentally challenged sister, Joon (Mary Stuart-Masterson). The challenge is further threatened when Sam and Joon become romantically involved.

Big Daddy (1999)

Adam Sandler is a comedic genius in this movie about a bachelor taking on a father role for the first time; even though he's not the biological father, he's helping is friend out, while helping himself out. This movie introduces Dylan and Cole Sprouse. Also stars Jon Stewart and Leslie Mann.

Beetlejuice (1988)

After watching the movie, can you repeat the title three times?
Beetljuice is a dark comedy that pushes the envelope about the afterlife. It stars Geena Davis and Alec Baldwin as the Maitlands, who have suffered an untimely death. When they are threatened by the living they seek help in the unlikely Beetlejuice (Michael Keaton).


I remember watching this as a child and laughing. When I watched this again as an adult I gained an entirely new adoration for the legendary comedian. To this day, Bill Cosby: Himself has me in stitches. It's a classic for all ages!


Recently, thanks to Netflix, I watched this movie. While it is dark and bloody, I really enjoyed the movie. Especially since I am a huge The Walking Dead fan, so watching Norman Reedus was a pleasure. It was great to see him take on a different role then Daryl Dixon. I love the concept of this movie: two brothers on a divine mission.

Braveheart (1995)

Braveheart brings to life the cruelty within the Celtic realm during a cruel and unjust time. The iconic William Wallace (Mel Gibson) decides to take on the tyrants of those claiming to rule and enslave their people after the heinous crimes against his wife, he leads the mission to make the change the people need so desperately.

Beaches (1988)

Follow two unlikely friends as they share in each other's lives. Until one friend goes to the other for help and makes a hard request. This movie will pluck out your heart, so get those tissues ready. This is the movie that Bette Midler sings "The Wind Beneath My Wings".


I didn't want to list all of the Bourne Saga here - so I just put the first in the series. Everyone, I think, has their favorite. I think my favorite is the Supremacy, but for the sake of the Top 10, I put the original that started it all. Matt Damon portrays Jason Bourne, a well trained spy that has to fight for his survival.


I love both Bridget Jones's movies, I like the characters - "just as they are." Renee Zellweger is Bridget Jones, a singleton in the UK. When I first watched the movie, I was single and could relate to much of her dilemmas. It also gave me hope of finding that "Mr. Darcy" that the romantic in us all hope and pray to come our way. 


Kid's Section

Babe (1995)

Balto (1995)

Bug's Life, A (1998)

Brother Bear (2003)

Bambi (1942)

Brave (2012)

(all images captured via Google search)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comment here. We look forward to hearing from you!