Thursday, April 10, 2014

A to Z Challenge - I

Top 10 Favorite "I" Movies

So far, for the A to Z Challenge I have just been listing the first movie within a series, and it's usually because I enjoy all of the movie in the series and didn't want to just pick one or the other to put in the top 10 list. However, this time around there are two listed that deserve to be there. Some might not have seen them because they are horror movies, but they are two movies that scared this long-time fan of horror.

Adult Movies

Immortals (2011)

Immortals is a movie about Theseus (Henry Cavill) a mortal human, chosen to fight against the ruthless King. Theseus was chosen by Zeus to fight against the King who is after a weapon that can destroy humanity. My favorite part of this movie is Henry Cavill!

Insidious (2010)

If you love creepy intense paranormal horror movies, than this is definitely a must see. The story follows a family that experiences a supernatural realm, that members can travel to when they are asleep called The Further. When one of the sons goes into a coma, the father has to travel into the realm to fight the darkness.

Insidious: Chapter 2 (2013)

Insidious 2 returns to the family plagued by the events of the past and their experience with The Further. When something or someone has attached to their family, all hell breaks loose trying to regain their normal lives. It has the same paranormal suspense and horror that had me covering my eyes while on the edge of my seat at the same time.

I Am Sam (2001)

Sean Penn portrays a mentally challenged man who is fighting for custody of his daughter (Dakota Fanning). This movie pulls at your heart strings as Sam teaches his ruthless lawyer (Michelle Pfeiffer) the value of love and family. I don't think this movie got the acclaim that it deserves.

I Am Legend (2007)

Will Smith is Robert Neville, the last man standing. He's surrounded in an apocalyptic world and this movie shows what the aftermath might resemble and how one man survives. He's not alone though, there are zombie like monsters that he has to fight against, and at the same time he's fighting to find a cure. 

I Love You to Death (1990)

I never saw this movie until my boyfriend introduced me to it; I was instantly in love. Kevin Klein portrays a cheating husband with is hard working faithful wife (Tracey Ullman). When she discovers his infidelities, along with her mother, they mount a plan for his demise. This is a hilarious romp and has an all-star cast.

I. Q. (1994)

I love this movie because it has a man fighting for love. It stars Meg Ryan as the daughter of famous mathmas genius Albert Einstein (Walter Matthau). Matthau's character works his magic to join two unlikely people, his daughter and mechanic Ed Walters (Tim Robbins). It's sweet, funny, and a genuinely good movie.

Inception (2010)

Bend your mind and concepts of reality and enjoy this SciFi thriller that is chalked full of intensity and mystery. The all-star cast include Leonardo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ellen Page, and Tom Hardy (to name a few). I love this movie because I love when my concepts and perceptions are tested.

Independence Day (1996)

This is a classic movie about the fight against the unknown and those that threaten the human spirit and our way of life here on Earth. This is another all-star assemble of wonderful actors that make this movie an experience of epic proportions. One of my favorite scenes is when the President is getting ready to fight and addressing his fellow comrades in arms.

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)

I love the Indiana Jones series, even the newer movie that received mixed reviews. I would be thrilled to learn that they will continue the series as well. Indiana (Harrison Ford) is the adventurous tomb Archaeologist by night and Professor by day. He was the first to bring sexy to archaeology in this adventurous romp to put the pieces together with his knowledge and solve the puzzle before the bad guys do. On this adventure his father is played by the iconic Sean Connery. 


Kids Section

Inkheart (2008)

Invincible (2006)

Iron Man (2008)

Ice Princess (2005)

Iron Will (1994)

Ice Age (2002)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comment here. We look forward to hearing from you!